Sunday, August 2, 2009

Last weekend we went to my parents house in Clay Springs for a family reunion on Saturday. Friday night most of my brothers and sisters and their families gathered at my parents house for dinner. We made 13 dutch oven pizzas. The last time we did this was for my dad's 50th birthday, that was 13 years ago. I don't know why it took us so long to do it again because it was so yummy. If you haven't ever done this, I think you should, this is the best pizza ever.
I am so bummed because I didn't take any pictures of the reunion. It was for my dad's family and the purpose was for my Granddad's 100th birthday, and to show off the cabin that my dad and his brothers rebuilt. And of course I didn't get any pictures of the cabin. Next time I go home I will take some and post them. Reunions are interesting, it was blazing hot, there were like 500 people there, more than half of them I didn't know. There were some activities for the kiddos but Marty and I spent to whole day chasing them around to make sure they didn't fall on the rusty nails or get ran over by a car. We spent so much time doing that, that I didn't get to visit with the handful of people that I did know. They were chasing kids to so we would pass each other every once in a while. I guess that's how it goes when you have little ones. It was still good to go and see everyone.






Yum, homemade ice cream and rootbeer.
Dylan and Tyson riding a little train that was being pulled by a tractor.
This is was Tyson came out wearing on his birthday, he says"Ok lets go"
Ice cream cones for a sweet birthday treat. Tyson doesn't like birthday cake, but he loves ice cream.
Tyson's two year stats
height 361/2" 94%
weight 32lbs 89%






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pics, especially the one of Dylan & Tyson eating ice cream with the cousins! : )

Gail said...

I think liking ice cream is hereditary! According to Tyson's Great Grandpa Mortensen, ice cream was Tyson's Grandpa Mortensen's first word! LOL
Happy Birthday Tyson!
We love all of you!

MOM AKA GRANDMA MORTENSEN

Tera said...

I cannot wait to have some of your yummy dutch oven pizza!

Kristi said...

Oh Lands that pizza looks amazing!!!! We should get together and make some! Sounds like a PARTY!!!! ;)