Saturday, August 28, 2010

Back tracking

July 17th my parents celebrated 40 years together.
We celebrated their special day on the 4th of July weekend.
I took the boys and we went Clay Springs to celebrate the 4th of July. My Dad drove his big tractor in the parade again this year.
My brother surprised them with this sign on the tractor. It made my mom cry. Grandma, my sister in law Tangela and myself rode on the trailor with a bunch of the grandkids, they enjoyed throwing candy at the spectators, no I mean literally throw candy at them. We had quite a few people running from us.
I am thankful for my parents, I've seen them struggle quite a bit the last few months, but their faith in Heavenly Father has never waivered. They know if they always trust in Him all will be well. That's probably one of the biggest things I've learned from them growing up with a large family, they always trusted in the Lord and we always had the things that we needed. Another things is to love my family, they have so much love to give. They love all of us kids, no matter how hard we are to love and they love their grandkids. My dad is so cute with his grandkids, I love to see my boys with him. They have worked hard their whole life for everything they have. They are always busy doing something, traveling, planting, canning, pulling weeds, feeding animals you name it, they are always busy. Rarely do I ever see them sitting idol for very long. I have a really hard time sitting still for very long, it must be where I get it from.
I love my parents, they are amazing examples, I am thankful for the things that I love in my life, that are because of them.

No comments: