Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Rebuilding a small piece of history.

This is the original fireplace and chimney.
This is my dad, working on the chimney.


Last weekend we went to my parents house in Clay Springs to help with a family project. My great grandparents staked claim on some land in Clay Springs in the early 1900s and they built a small homestead and raised their 13 children. One of those children was my Granddad Perkins, our family will celebrate his 100th birthday next June. My dad and his brothers and sisters who were raised on the same land, decided to rebuild the log cabin before the big birthday celebration next year. So last weekend my dad, Marty, some of my uncles and a few cousins got together and put most of the walls up. There was alot of heavy lifting with the logs, so there were just guys working on the house. My aunts and girl cousins came a few hours later with a nice lunch for all the guys. Here are just a few pictures of the cabin.


2 comments:

Jackee said...

That is so awesome! I love pioneer history-- it's one of my favorite things!

Kristi said...

That is really awesome Annette! What a great memory that will be for your whole (huge) family!

Also - I would have freaked out about Dylan on the fence! yikes!