Thursday, December 4, 2008

Crazy thing happened!

What a crazy week. Tyson is a horrible teether, he was cutting 6 teeth at once and screamed for a week. Poor baby, he is much happier now. Then Dylan got the stomach flu, first time ever. I didn't much like that experience. He kept telling me, "I just want my belly to feel better." Break my heart. He is all better and happy also, his appetite has increased dramatically since then. We then had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our friends Jeron and Anne Hatch and their two boys Thomas and Hyrum. We thought we were going to have a nice relaxing weekend at home with each other and the craziest thing happened, we put the boys to bed like normal, about 30 minutes later I hear Dylan screaming his head off. I ran in their room to check on him and he was holding his arm. He likes to climb into bed with Tyson sometimes and I guess he was climbing out of the crib and slipped and fell on his arm. We kept him up for a while to watch him and he just kept crying and crying, he eventually fell to sleep and then woke up a few hours later complaining about his arm and crying. We stayed up pretty much the rest of the night and Marty took him to the ER on Saturday morning. It was broke, they called it a green break. They spent half of the day at the ER and Dylan came home with a nice splint. He took a nap and when he woke up he was ready for it to come off. He was pretty happy on Monday when they took it off and then not happy when he got his new hard cast on. He has to have it taken off one more time to make sure it is healing straight. Then he will wear a cast for about 6 weeks. I thought we would have a few more years before our ER visits started. Then after all of that I got the stomach flu, can I just tell you how much I hate that feeling. Enjoy the pics.
The kiddos getting ready to stuff their faces on Thanksgiving dinner.

Tyson now folds his arms for prays and last night started saying amen.
Hair cut night. Dylan sporting his underwear and the nice back over his arm, so hair wouldn't get in the splint.

Tyson, my neice Macie and Dylan, we made these cute turkey hats, they were a little late but what a fun project.
Dylan showing off his splint.






9 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry about his arm. that's no fun. i love the family picture.

Jen said...

Oh poor Dylan! Your boys are so cute and getting so big. I hope you are feeling better! We miss you guys!

Kristi said...

Oh no! I am so sorry about Dylans arm! Poor lil guy! and the flu, rough week! For you too! I hope T is done getting teeth for a little while!

I LOVE the new fam pic! soooo cute!

LAURA said...

I heard from my MIL, but she thought it was Tyson who fell...that is awful that happened, poor Dylan. But so cute that he climbs into Tyson's crib with him sometimes, best friends.

Amy McKane said...

First, I have to say that I love the family picture. You look so beautiful, I love it!!!!!

Second, I'm so sorry to hear about Dylan's arm, that can't be fun for anyone. At least he can have everyone sign it, and it will be a fun little boyhood souvenir. Someday you'll all be able to look back and say "remember when" and it won't seem so awful.

Take care, and lots of love. Amy

Da Masons said...

So sorry to hear about Dylan. Hey but now he can show off his cool splint. I liked your family picture.

Unknown said...

Your family picture is so cute! Looks like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving and exciting ER visit. I guess I need to get prepared for all the fun boys bring. Poor guy.
I heard about Susan and was so sad. I didn't really know her but was so touched by all the tributes I have read about her.
Hope you guys are doing well.
Britt

Nate and Amy Sorensen said...

Poor Dylan! That's not fun. Just wanted to let you know that we will be in Phoenix this weekend for our niece's baby blessing:( Is there another night we could party?

Jackee said...

So sorry! But it was good to see you today.