Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, and Walnut Canyon

Thursday was Marty's 29th Birthday, I think he enjoyed his day, he got to shoot his new gun and his parents brought his new truck. Doesn't it look awesome? We even got to go on a date, Marty's parents watched the boys. We went to Black Bart's the food was very good, the waiters sang Broadway song's, it was very entertaining. We ended up celebrating all weekend, we had a little party Friday night, we went to Walnut Canyon Saturday, and today is Father's Day. I hope he had a great weekend. Marty is the greatest dad, his boys love him more than anything. I love that he helps me so much with them, he can tell when I am at whits end and he gives me a break. I love you Babe, have a great Father's Day.
This weekend was free National Park pass day. I have wanted to go see Walnut Canyon ever since we moved here, but didn't want to pay the fee to get in. Yesterday was perfect. The Larsens and the Morriss came along with us. We looked like we were on a toddler field trip. The kids did great and had so much fun. The cliff dwelling were awesome, seriously amazing to think about how those people survived in those kinds of conditions.
Tyson loved to explore the ruins, he did so good even though he was very tired. Marty kept him on a leash so he wouldn't go over the side. There are over 100 stairs that you have to climb to get out of the canyon, and climbed almost all of them, he looked like a little monkey. He couldn't do the last 20 or so. He did so good, and he had a fun time.
Dylan had a blast, he loves going on hikes. He had slept until about 9:00, it was a good thing. He did this with no problem at all, and he didn't whine one bit on the way out.
Taking a little rest, before the last big climb.
What a fun day, I am so glad we finally got to see some cool stuff around Flagstaff. This was about 15 minutes from our house. It is great that we don't have to drive hours to see some really beautiful stuff.
I have to say congrats to my siblings who have all had babies in the last few weeks. My sister Sharilyn had a girl on the 28th of April, her name is Caitlin. My sister in law Tangela had a boy on the 10th of June, his name is Clay. My sister in law Teresa had a boy on the 18th, Marty's birthday, his name is Hunter. That makes 21 grandkids for my parents.





2 comments:

Kristi said...

What a fun weekend! Martys new Truck is awesome!!!!!
Congrats on all the fun new babies - what a great time! we have had 5 in our family in the past few months... crazy!!!!

Jackee said...

Fun times! I saw the new truck and wondered. Glad things are still going strong for you guys even with the economy. That makes me so happy!