Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Marty and I had a fantastic anniversary. We dropped the boys off at Grandma and Grandpa's cabin in Tonto Village, near Payson, the boys were so happy the barely said goodbye. Our plans were to hike to Horton Spring and camp. We timed it just perfectly, we were pretty much the only people on the trail. We took the dog, he loved it, the water, trees, sticks everything, even with an infected tooth. It took us about 2 1/2 hours to get to the spring. I wasn't sure I was going to make it. It was up hill the whole way and I was tired. It was worth being tired, it was so beautiful. We were the only people camping, it was the best camping spot I have ever camped in. We had such a great time, it was so nice to just spend time together and have a conversation without being interupted. We didn't even have a watch, only disadvantage to that, we had no idea what time it was when we woke up. We packed up and headed out. When we got to the truck, even after 2 1/2 hours, it was only 8:30.
Happiest dog in the whole world.

This is were the spring comes out of the mountain.

The trail was pretty rocky and rugged.


There were alot of little falls and beautiful wild flowers all over.
After we got back , we played with the boys and had a nice lunch. Tyson went down for a nap so we took Dylan the the fish hatchery. He loved feeding the big trout, and seeing the holding tanks full of fish. Pretty cool place, if you've never been you should go sometime.
Then we took him fishing, we didn't catch anything, but he had fun.
And this is what you get when you have too much fun, you fall asleep with your ice cream cone.

4 comments:

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

How fun!! That sounds like a perfect anniversary get-a-way to me, but I don't think Tyrel and I could do that in February!! I am glad you had a good time and a nice break away from the kids. Talk to you later

Kristi said...

What a gorgeous place to camp!!!! That is awesome that you got to go and do that!
I LOVE the pic w Dylan and the ice cream! CUTE!

Barbara said...

Ahh! How cute that he fell asleep with his ice cream cone! Happy Anniversary! Wow, those pictures are beautiful. What a fun idea to go camping!

Nate and Amy Sorensen said...

Happy anniversary! I'm so sad we didn't get to see you before we left. Everything just got so crazy those last few weeks and they just flew by! Anyway, give me your email address and I will send you my street address. (So I'm not posting to the world where I live) ha!