Sunday, October 18, 2009

What's going on at our house.

P90X
Marty and I started P90X about a month ago, the workouts are intense, but we really like it. I have so much more energy since we started, I need all the extra energy I can get. Marty even does yoga now.
Dylan and Tyson like to hang from the pull up bar.
Ok, Tyson doesn't like it so much.
A couple of weeks ago I took the boys and we ventured down to Tempe for a few days. The boys spent time with Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Lisa. I went and spent a day with my girlfriends that I grew up with. (Myself, Tara, Tana, and Amy) We spent the first 18 years of our lives together and now we go years without seeing each other and we live in the same state.
We had a great time catching up with each other and letting the kids play. Tara has 3 1/2 year old named Brett, Tana has a 2 1/2 or so year old named Traven and Amy has a 4 1/2 year old named Dayson. Pretty cool we all had boys first, the second kids are 2 boys and 2 girls. That is one reason why I went to visit, Tara had her second baby a few weeks ago. Pretty good story, she was born in the car on the way to the hospital. I love my friends, we've had a lot of fun together through the years.
Friday before we came home we went to the zoo with Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Lisa. Sorry, once again these are out of order.
Grandpa got Dylan and Tyson a treat. Dylan sucking face with an Italian Ice.
And Tyson with his oreo ice cream bar. Love the tongue. He got a few baths in the drinking fountain from this tasty treat.
Tyson enjoyed watching the monkeys eat breakfast, and pick bugs off of each other.
Dylan was starting to get bored.
This was a really bad picture, but I had to keep it in. Dylan was tired of me telling him to sit down and smile for the camera.
Last weekend our friends the Thom's took us to the coolest place, they call it the boulders. It is less than 15 minutes from our house. The boys loved it. We each brought our own dinners, chili and cornbread. We enjoyed a nice evening, with good friends, good food in a beautiful place.

Aunt Lisa came to visit last week. We had a good week, it went by way to fast. She is so much help and the boys love her. She taught me how to use my cricut, which I am so excited about. We did a couple of crafts. We made trick or treat signs, the other side says give thanks for Thanksgiving, and we did the three pumpkins. I forget how much I love doing crafts.
And we made Halloween sugar cookies, yum, yum. Thank you Lisa for all of your help and for playing lots of trains.
One last thing, I have to say that I love fall. It is my favorite season. I love getting out the long sleeves, and sweaters, the colors of the changing leaves, the smells in the air, the crafts, getting to make stew and soup and chili, getting out the decorations, pumpkins, I have discovered that I really love pumpkins, especially anything pumpkin that you can eat. I made pumpkin cinnamon rolls the other day. I just love this time of year, it is fun to have kids and see them have fun with the season also.


2 comments:

Kristi said...

So CUTE!!! I agree - fall is my facorite too! Remind me to give you the recipe I made up for a pumpkin pie smoothie! TOTALLY healthy and will fit in great w/ your PX 90! You are amazing - how do you do so much?

Also - LOVE the pic of Dylan and Russ - precious! They were cracking me up with their "sword play".

DHCHWinn said...

Awesome post! Love the crafts, and wish i had some good fall baking recipes. Marty does yoga?? Wow, can't you just see Henson doing that?? Funny! Ok, so I live out in the middle of nowhere and maybe that's why I have no idea what ps90 and a circuit are.! Please tell me, I feel so...... uncivilized- cant think of a better word right now.