Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Project!

My unorganized laundry room was driving me crazy, and we were snowed in one day, Marty needed a project, so he put up another shelf for me. He also needed something heavy to sit on the shelf so he could get it level. Thank goodness for heavy kids because I really didn't want to get up there. Tyson loved it. I am grateful for a handy hubby.
I am a little embarrassed to show this mess, but the after picture is so worth it.
My mother-in-law gave me some can organizers, made by shelfreliance, for my birthday. It took a whole to take everything off of the shelf and reorganize with the can rotaters. The kids had so much fun taking stuff off the shelf, then there were boxes. The ended up playing cars with them for a while. Then Dylan and Tyson helped but all the canned stuff away. It was like a party they had a blast. They still go in there and play with them. Putting groceries away now is so much easier because the boys want to do it. Hurry, they don't even realize they are helping out, don't tell them either, they'll stop.
And the after, it looks so much better.I am so thankful to have food on my shelves. I was just reading an email about some members of the church that are in Haiti, they have almost nothing. They have little drinking water, but they have enough other water to make sure they had clean clothes to wear to church. It is very humbling to see them in their circumstances, you can just see the faith in their eyes, they know they have nothing but feel blessed to be among the living and have the gospel in their lives.


5 comments:

Kristi said...

WOW!!!! Anette - that looks awesome! I totally want some of those can organizers (someday.....) Congrats on getting your laundry room so beautifully organised! The best part is you can see at a quick glance what you need to stock up on!
Amen to what you said about the people in Haiti! It makes my heart ache!

Gail said...

Your pantry looks great, as do your cute little helpers!!
You are amazing!!

Brant and Jana said...

Awesome! You are so right, we are so blessed!

Amy McKane said...

I'm jealous of all the pantry space you have. The project turned out well.

The Morriss Family said...

That looks awesome! Hopefully we can get there someday. I really like the kids in the boxes. Did your boys come with instruction manuals?