Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Baking Dylan's Birthday Cake!

I let Dylan help make his birthday cake, he was a good helper and had a fun time.


He likes to brake the eggs, we only had to fish out the shells of one.

He did such a good job, he bugged me the whole day to let him eat one.
I had to frost it while he was taking a nap, and I forgot to take a picture. Then I had to hide it. He kept asking for it after he woke up.

This was the final product. My mother-in-law gave me a cookbook called the Cake Doctor and this was one of her recipes. I thought it turned out pretty well.

We hauled the cake out into the forest, we ate dinner with friends, and Dylan blow out his candles and we had cake and ice cream. Not many three year olds get to have a birthday party in the forest. We are so luck to live in a place where we can enjoy beautiful forest only a couple of minutes from our house.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

I love Dylan's tounge licking his lips in the background. Too cute! That cake is so beautiful! What a good helper.

Gail said...

Wow Annette, I'm impressed with that cake!! Very nice. Your baking assistant is very cute also. Love the pics!

Gail AKA MOM AKA GRANDMA M.

The Karafa Family said...

Hey guys! I am excited to find your blog! Looks like your biys keep you as busy as mine! They are too cute! -Mindy

Kristi said...

I love the pic of him licking his lips! HA!!!!
You are an awesome Mom to let him help so much!

Da Masons said...

That cake looks good. Great job Annette and Dylan.

LAURA said...

Happy Birthday Dylan!!! I'd like to take a bite out of that cake, looks yummy.

Nate and Amy Sorensen said...

Happy Birthday to Dylan! We miss you guys too! Don't worry, Marty has the right number. We got new phones and Nate had forgot to change the message reading. Give us a call!