Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sorry, this is backwards scroll to the bottom first.

These are some pumpkins that my dad grew, the picture doesn't do it justice. These things are huge. I kept trying to get Dylan to sit on one so you could really tell how big they are, but he wouldn't. The pumpkin patch is so cool.
This is what my mom and I canned, 23 pints of beets, I loooooooooovvvvvveeee beets, and 13 pints of tomatoes.
My parents have a wood burning stove and my dad has cut wood his whole life, it is getting harder and harder for him to get it, but he still loves to go out and cut is every year, he also really loves good help. While we canned, my dad, brother and Marty went and cut two loads of wood. They were gone all day and were very tired and dirty when they got back. Marty had fun, but he was pretty sore the next day. You can see why, those pieces of wood are huge.
Marty tells a better story of what happens when you go cut wood with my dad and brother.

Tyson playing peek-a-boo. Grandma and Granddad have the best toys to ride on, this little pedal tractor is a favorite and Tyson loved it when it was his turn.

Dylan spent alot of the weekend trying to catch baby bunnies. He would just climb right in the hutches with the rabbits and catch a baby, there are only like 17 babies. He came home with some pretty good scratched on his face, arms and hands. I was never with him when he did it, so I didn't get a pic. He was holding one of the bunnies on Sunday, he says to me, "I take this one home." He looks over at the mom and says,"Sorry mommy." He looks down at the baby and says, "Sorry baby." We had a good laugh.

Can someone please explain to me why the days and months go by so fast? I have been running around crazy for the last month. Doing what? I have no idea, but it seems like there is always something that needs to be done. I haven't even returned phone calls from friends, sorry Kristi. The good thing is that we are all healthy as horses and the kiddos are happy, for the most part.

We went to visit my parents last weekend. My baby sister turned 24, that's impossible because I'm 24. We saw her sweet baby Collin, such a cute kid, little skinny for a 5 month old, well not really, my kids were just huge at that age. Who knows where the camera was, so I didn't get any pics, next time.

My parents garden is huge, they have enjoyed all of the delicious veggies and so have all the neighbors and have of Flagstaff. My dad says that giving it away is half of the fun.

My mom and I canned beets and tomatoes all day on Saturday. I grew up canning with my mom, she does an amazing job. Here are a few pics from the weekend.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Hi Annette, I saw that you were on Kara's list. My blog is byronandshannon.blogspot.com

Your boys are so cute.

Kristi said...

U R AMAZING! Look at all that yummy food! I agree, beets are the best! I used to trade my cousins (especially Becky) dessert to eat theirs!

Jackee said...

You're making my mouth water. Yum, yum! Someday I'll have to learn to can. I'm so incredibly ignorant...

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

I thought I would comment even though I talk to you all the time, but way to go on canning. I am kind of jealous, some day I will have a garden and can.

The Karafa Family said...

How fun! The boys and I are headed to Snowflake for Halloween and I am excited for some real Fall weather!

The Packer Family said...

Those are great pictures. Glad you guys are doing so well.