Monday, January 5, 2009

Dylan's a Sunbeam!

Yes that's right, Dylan is a Sunbeam. We have been prepping him all week for it. I thought we might get away without any crying, boy was I wrong. Poor kid, he is just not good in new situations or old ones for that matter. He didn't ever get used to nursery. Marty stayed with him for a while in opening exercises and by the time they got to class he was OK, thank goodness. We can only hope next week will be better.
He came out of class wearing a crown on his head, forgot to take a picture sorry, and I said, "Oh, nice crown Dylan," He said, "No, I'm a king." Oh sorry.
We have been trying to give Dylan more responsiblity around the house and trying to get him to pull up his own underwear after he goes to the bathroom and such. Today I was asking him to help put laundry away and he was whining about it, I told him he could help me because he was a big boy now because he goes to Sunbeams. He was very adament and clear that he is not a big boy, that he is still little.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

That is so sweet! Keep him little!!!! Russ is the opposite and want to do everything himself!!! Yikes! I think next week will be better! No worries!

anna said...

So sweet! :)
Tell Dylan I am so proud of him for making Sunbeam status.
Not a terrible thing for Dylan to want to stay "little", just remind him of that in 13 years when he's begging you and Marty to borrow the car. lol

Gail said...

Wow, the time is flying by!!
Dylan is a bright and shining Sunbeam, just being around him makes me happy!

LAURA said...

I can't believe we already have sunbeams!