Sunday, October 12, 2008

Week in review!

Sorry no pics this time. Just a few things that have been going on this week. We had the boys last day of gymnastics on Thursday. I think Dylan is going to miss it, he loved the trampolines.

We rode the quads alot this week. Monday night we saw 6 deer, all females and then on Wedesday we saw 6 more, 4 males and 2 females. We love going out and spending as much time as we can riding and walking around. The boys look forward to it. We have bought the boys all of their winter clothes so we can spend a little bit more time out there and they won't get cold.

I finally finished canning my tomatoes, that was a job, but it was well worth the work. I got 53 pints and 32 quarts.

I do not know how to make sugar cookies, but I always try to make a batch and use cut outs to match the season. I tried my hand at a batch this week. My record still holds, they did not turn out. Dylan loves to help, and he loves to use the cut outs, so I guess it doesn't really matter that they didn't turn out. He was happy, and he ate them anyways.

Tyson is a smarty pants these days, he soaks up everything, good and bad. He has been saying "no, no" for quite a while and this week he has added smacking Dylan in the head and saying "no,no", he has even been hitting me. Where did my sweet baby go? I thought it was funny the first time he did it, and I thought it was just some fluck thing. I didn't think it would stick around, then he kept doing it over and over again. How do I teach a 14 month old that hitting is not nice. Hopefully since he learned it, he can unlearn it. If that makes any since.

I am so thankful for my kiddos, I am thankful that I can stay home with them. I love being their mom. I love all of the adventures that they take me on everyday.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I have a great recipe I will give ya:)
I love that you have been doing so many quad rides! FUN!!!!
Also - you are so awesome to do all of that canning! holy cow! Good job!!!

Gail said...

Wow Annette! You have been busy!
I don't think I have ever done that much canning... But I don't have your green thumb or wonderful gardening skills either!

My favorite sugar cookie recipe is on page 137 of The Tempe Ward Cookbook. It is called Millie's Sour Cream Christmas Cookies.

Dylan and Tyson are really fortunate to have you for a mom, you are doing a wonderful job!

Grandma M. AKA Gail